• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What's your cardio exercise of choice?

What's your cardio exercise of choice?

• Total voters

euphoria

Bluelight Crew
I wanted to see what all of our favorite cardio exercises were. The one you do most often or just enjoy the most. Tell us why!

Plus I have never made a poll and I wanted to %)

Add yours in your reply if it's not in the list!

ticked:
running
walking/hiking
dancing
boxing (also kickboxing) oh god i miss these classes badly.
other- for basketball

nice poll :)

as for why, cardio sucks most in what i am doing in my head. pain is so much worse when you're bored. these activities i can enjoy doing enough to not get bored. that and with walking and running, i can do other things at the same time, like read or listen to music/lectures/language lessons.

For other I will put YOGA!!! I can't believe it wasn't up there! :p

Overall - (power)walking, cycling, swimming, aaand DANCING!

"of choice" is definitely mountain biking. I have a pretty decent bike and a nice mini-mountain right out the door and up the street.

I also love to hike, swim, and ski. Hiking is too time consuming to do regularly enough to get enough of a workout, and swimming places are always overcrowded here (or too expensive). Skiing is freaking awesome, but it is waaaaay too expensive and consumes a lot of time to get to the mountain.

... Yoga isn't a cardio exercise, that's why.

CYCLING!

ERRRRRRRRR for once, missy, you show that you are NOT a know-it-all.

Ashtanga yoga is most definitely a cardio exercise! Bikram Yoga would probably be too, but having never done it I couldn't comment. Stick to what you know, eyy love?

SHIT!! Yes, why ISN'T sex up there?!?!

^ from Livestrong:

"Considerations
Yoga can improve your flexibility and balance, which reduces your risk of injury and helps protect you from potentially debilitating falls as you age. Practicing yoga regularly results in relaxation, improved posture, a greater range of motion and helps your blood circulation and lymphatic systems, according to an article on the Baylor College of Medicine's website. Yoga, even the most strenuous forms, isn't a substitute for aerobic exercise. Keeping your heart rate elevated during aerobic exercise improves your cardiovascular health and elevates your metabolism."

It doesn't keep your heart rate elevated. I (along with many researchers and exercise enthusiasts) consider yoga to be for anaerobic purposes: muscle growth, toning, and retention. It burns. It does not get your heart pumping out of your chest.

"Stick to what you know, eyy love?"

cycling

why put wear and tear on your knees when you're trying to increase aerobic capacity and heart health?

mountain biking and skiing are the most fun, but they take a lot of preparation to do.

for every day stuff, i really like rowing and sprint/jog repetitions.

I really like stepping. I have a stepper at home and use 2.5kg weights while I'm doing it, for around 40 minutes. I only do this a couple of times a week and walk for the rest of the time but the stepping really works for me.

My favourite is cardio boxing classes, definitely. Second comes straight boxing, then cycling, then running. More the feeling I get after running. :p

Hiking
Swimming
Kayaking
Dancing
Group Fitness

I just like to be outside. Anything that gets me moving my body outdoors is my favorite. And dancing/group fitness because I like to shake shake shake it lol

I like to swim the most. I go to the rec centre and lift weights some days and on others I'll swim some laps in the pool, then hit the hot tub. I've started up more regularly recently. It's so key, while tapering down to kick, I get a real mental boost from exercising. Sometimes after a long day of work after a good hard workout, sitting in the hot tub I get such a peaceful and content feeling, better than drugs I think, to be just normal as you are and feel great. I've had knee problems before too and I find swimming especially good because it's easier on your joints.

cycling - it's my commute so it doesn't require timetabling

plus I love the feeling of freedom you get cycling

Running, then cycling.

I prefer cycling as an efficient means to an end (transportation) rather than as pure exercise. Running, once you get used to it, feels incredible.

I checked the top 3: Running, Walking/Hiking, and Cycling.

God, I'd love to get myself into a kick boxing class. May be a 'to do' for 2013.